Terms and Conditions
Credit card processing:
Processing fees will be automatically charged in your next invoice.*
*2.9% + 30¢ per transaction for Visa, Mastercard / 3.4% + 30¢ per transaction for American Express / Bank payments (EFT) 1% per transaction ($1 minimum fee).
Exemption from the GST/HST for specially designed training services.
A scheduled session may be rescheduled by the request of the client with at least 24 hours of notice. This is to respect the time and commitment of our therapists as pertains to our contract with the clients, and enforced so we can allow the team of our therapists who have multiple clients to be able to commit to the scheduled Session. We have other parents who wish to have a fixed schedule for their child, but our team is unable to offer any sessions between the Scheduled sessions for your child. To maintain the reliability and consistency of our therapist, it is our policy to respect our therapist’s commitment to the Scheduled session.
For example, a parent agrees to have 2:00-4:00 PM as a scheduled session. When a therapist drives to the scheduled session at 2:00 PM, the parent asks to stop the session at 3:00 PM. The scheduled session which is 2:00-4:00 PM will still be charged in full because it is the change that was not made with at least 24 hours of notice.
We understand unexpected circumstances could happen. However, if a parent cannot inform the manager or therapist with at least 24 hours of notice, fees are charged in full to ensure your child’s spot, regardless of hours absent due to illness, vacations, holidays or emergency closures.
It is our wish that you understand our reasoning for implementing this policy, and request that you provide us with at least 24 hours of notice for any changes to the Scheduled session. Notice must be given in writing to the manager or the therapist.
It is strongly recommended that a minimum of 24 hours notice is required to reschedule the Client’s Session. The Client will be charged for the missed session in its entirety if there is less than 24 hours notice given by the Client of a need to reschedule a Session. There will be no refund if a Client misses or forgets to attend a Session.
A late fee for a delinquent payment
As of April 1, 2022, you acknowledge that late payment penalties, interest, and fees will apply to amounts not received by the due date. Penalty and interest rates are set by ATAMIC THERAPY by-laws.
After your invoice will enter into a two-week grace period, you will be charged a combination of both, 1.5% of your overall invoice amount and a flat fee of $20.00 per month. ATAMIC THERAPY will only charge the late payment penalties up to 60 percent a year.
ATAMIC THERAPY will give a deadline for payment with a warning that you will be forced to consider your legal options in claims court if the overdue payment isn’t settled. A debt going to a collection agency has serious consequences. It can lower your FICO credit score and be a serious blemish on your credit history. We share the prospect of facing these consequences to help a client to take the invoice seriously.
TERMS OF SERVICE
PLEASE READ TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY
The Terms of Service contain very important information about the Client’s rights and obligations as well as limitations and exclusions that may apply to you. They contain limitations of liability. Please read them carefully.
The “Provider” is also referred to as ABA Therapist; Instructor Therapist ("IT"); Registered Technician (“RBT”); Clinical Supervisor (“BCBA”); Registered Psychotherapist ("RP"); and may use another designation. The appointment with the Provider may be referred to as “Online Session” or “Session." Affordable Therapy and More Integrated Care (“ATAMIC”) is a trade name. The services detailed below under the heading Services are provided by ATAMIC and defined as “Service” or “Services.” The client receiving online or in-person Services from a "Provider" is defined as the “Client.” The fee paid for Online Sessions with a Provider is also referred to as “Purchase.” The Services will be undertaken by a Provider on the ATAMIC Therapy.
Terms of Service
The Terms of Service ("Terms") contained herein govern the Client’s relationship with ATAMIC. Please read these Terms of Service carefully before using the Service. Access to, and use of the Service, is based on the Client’s acceptance of, and compliance with, these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service. By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms and accept all legal consequences.
Confidentiality - Informed Consent
Services provided are strictly confidential. Personal health information (collection, use and/or disclosure of the Client’s personal health information) will not be released without informed, written consent from the Client except where required by law. It is the Client’s responsibility to choose a private place for online sessions without others present and devoid of distractions and ensure that they are using secure equipment and a secure location. It is also the Client's responsibility to provide a secure place for in-home therapy sessions where a caregiver is present.
Exceptions to confidentiality:
Confidentiality on the part of the ATAMIC therapist may be waived (under certain circumstances) wherein the Provider is bound by law to report to legal authorities under the following circumstances:
* If the ATAMIC therapist assesses the need to consult with the ATAMIC clinical team (Clinical Supervisor and/or Clinical Director) to provide the best possible care. These consultations are for professional and training purposes and personal health information will not be disclosed to third parties without informed, written consent from the Client.
The ATAMIC therapist is required by law to report when;
* The ATAMIC therapist assesses by law that there is a risk of harm to the Client or others;
* The ATAMIC therapist assesses that a child may have been harmed in the past, or that a child is at risk of harm in the present or future. In all cases, the ATAMIC therapist has a legal duty to report this;
* The ATAMIC therapist assesses that there is a risk to the country or threat of terrorism;
* The ATAMIC therapist is bound to report a colleague to their College for professional misconduct; and/or
* The ATAMIC therapist is required to defend themselves against a complaint filed with their College.
* The ATAMIC therapist is required by a court order (subpoena), issued by a judge, this may require the ATAMIC therapist to release information contained in records and/or require a ATAMIC therapist to testify in a court hearing.
The ATAMIC therapist may communicate with the ATAMIC clinical team regarding your case when;
* You are transferred to another therapist of your choice. To benefit your progress, intake information, assessment results and a clinical summary of your case may be provided to your new therapist.
* To benefit your progress, In supervision meetings with the ATAMIC clinical team.
Sharing of Information
If it is decided between the Client and the Provider to share information for reason of referral or consultation, a formal consent form will be completed and signed in advance by the Client. The Client has the right at any time to withhold or revoke consent. The Provider does not provide completion of forms or letters for employers or for court purposes. Advance notice is required for letters of attendance.
Crisis and Emergencies
The Service is not to be used for crisis or emergencies. When in crisis, call the Canadian Mental Health Association (“CMHA”) or crisis agencies in your area:
* http://suicideprevention.ca/need-help/ - Canadian Crisis Centres
* http://www.cmha.ca/get-involved/find-your-cmha/ - Find your local CMHA
THIS SERVICE IS NOT FOR CRISIS OR EMERGENCIES.
IF THE CLIENT IS EXPERIENCING A MEDICAL OR MENTAL HEALTH EMERGENCY OR IF THE CLIENT IS PLANNING OR CONSIDERING SUICIDE OR FEELS HE OR SHE IS A DANGER TO THEMSELVES OR OTHERS, THE CLIENT MUST IMMEDIATELY CALL 911 OR GO TO THE NEAREST HOSPITAL EMERGENCY. THE PROVIDER MAY DETERMINE THAT THIS SERVICE IS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR THE CLIENT'S CURRENT NEEDS.
Expectations and Demonstration of Mutual Respect
The Client shall not use any mood-altering substance the day of their Session. The Provider may cancel the Session if it is suspected that the Client is under the influence of alcohol or a drug which may affect cognition and comprehension. The Provider may cancel the Session if he determines in his discretion the Client’s behaviour and/or conduct in the Session is inappropriate.
ATAMIC Providers are independent professionals and not employees of ATAMIC Therapy. They are vetted, experienced healthcare professionals and registered with their provincial or federal regulatory body, College and adhere to the principles of these regulatory organizations.
ATAMIC provides in-home therapy services, online video counselling (videoconferencing), talk counselling (audio-only conferencing) and text counselling (secure messaging) for those who are diagnosed with Autism, or struggling with issues including but not limited to anxiety, depression and addiction including problem gambling and for family members impacted by it. For text counselling, Clients must be a minimum of 16 years of age and in some provinces may need consent by a parent or guardian and must be Canadian residents. For all other therapy services, if a client is under 18 years of age will require consent by a parent or guardian. The Service is only available to Clients residing in Ontario, Canada. The Service may include ongoing therapy in the treatment modality best suited for the client as well as referrals to outside sources that may include other health professionals. Treatment plans may be adjusted as needs change.
There are extensive safeguards built into ATAMIC website and the servers' operating system upon which it runs. ATAMIC ensures protected end-to-end encryption across all devices. All communication and registration information and payment on the website are encrypted using SSL/TLS technology.
ATAMIC use a secure portal for video conferencing and secure messaging powered by Zoom.
The Provider will make every attempt to promptly respond to the needs of the Client during their office hours which are flexible. The Client shall request a day and time for their Session based on availability in the client schedule. ATAMIC does not provide 24-hour Service at this time.
Registration and Assessment
Prior to ATAMIC providing the Services, the Client will complete a registration form/intake form and once completed, it will be sent to the assigned Provider before the first session. By completing the registration form, the Client is agreeing to comply with, and be bound by the Terms.
Online Session Process
The Client will choose a Provider, an online counselling service and then choose a date and time on the Provider's calendar. The Client will complete an online registration form, intake form and make a payment prior to the session processed by a PCI-Level 1 compliant payment processor. Future sessions will be automatically debited if using the unlimited text messaging service. The Client will receive a confirmation email with the date and time and instructions.
Other Session Process
The client will complete a registration form, intake form and make a deposit prior to the session. The assigned supervisor will set up a team for the Client's therapy based on the intake and the Client's preferences.
Length of Treatment
The Provider will create a treatment plan and together with the Client, will determine the length of Service. (See ‘Discharge/ Termination’)
BCBA may state the recommended treatment hours per week in the assessment report and the Client will then choose the hours based on their preferences and their financial situation.
The Client shall ensure at all times that the Provider has current contact information. It is the Client’s responsibility to let the Provider know if there is any reason that the Provider should not leave a message when contacting the Client by phone.
A minimum of 24 hours’ notice is required to cancel or reschedule the Client’s Session without charges. The Client will be charged for the missed Session in its entirety, if there is less than 24 hours notice given by the Client of a need to reschedule a Session. There will be no refund if a Client misses or forgets to attend a Session.
Discharge of the Client and termination of the Services will occur when goals are met or the Client expresses a desire to no longer use the Service. When possible, the discharge plan will involve the Client to determine needs going forward. If there is no contact for a period of 90 days, the Client’s chart will be closed.
Termination or suspension of access to the Service may be immediate, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, if the Client breaches the Terms. All provisions of the Terms shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability. Upon termination, the Client’s right to use the Service will immediately cease. If the Client wishes to terminate the account, the Client shall inform the Provider and discontinue using the Service.
Discharge and termination of Service will occur if there are two (2) consecutive ‘no shows’ or three (3) consecutive cancellations for scheduled appointments.
For in-person Sessions, all program materials purchased by ATAMIC will be given back to service provider if the service is terminated at any time unless paid for by Client.
It can be terminated (regarding services with ATAMIC) at any time, by any of the parties within 4 weeks' notice. Therapists may be replaced at the agreement of Client and service provider at any time. It is strongly recommended that the Client give four weeks notice, especially if the Session is for Client who is a child.
ATAMIC will use reasonable means to protect the security and confidentiality of electronic information sent and received, such as emails and in text counselling (SMS).
However, because of the risks outlined below, the Provider cannot guarantee the security and confidentiality of electronic communications and will not be liable for improper disclosure of confidential information that is not the direct result of intentional misconduct of the Provider. Thus, Clients must consent to the use of electronic communication that may include Client information. When the Client electronically accepts the Terms of Service, consent to the use of electronic communication is included and the Client agrees with the following conditions:
* Use of electronic communications to discuss sensitive information can increase the risk of such information being disclosed to third parties.
* Despite reasonable efforts to protect the privacy and security of electronic communication, it is not possible to completely secure the information.
* Online services may have a legal right to inspect and keep electronic communications that pass through their system
* Electronic communications can introduce malware into a computer system, and potentially damage or disrupt the computer, networks, and security settings.
* Electronic communications can be forwarded, intercepted, circulated, stored or even changed without the knowledge or permission of ATAMIC or the Client.
* Even after the sender and recipient have deleted copies of electronic communications, back-up copies may exist on a computer system.
* Electronic communications may be disclosed in accordance with a duty to report or a court order.
* Videoconferencing may be open to interception due to lack of user end security and use of Wi-Fi. Hasu video conferencing uses encrypted software.
* If email or text is used as an e-communication tool, the following are additional risks: Email, text messages, and instant messages can more easily be misdirected, resulting in increased risk of being received by unintended and unknown recipients; Email, text messages, and instant messages can be easier to falsify than handwritten or signed, hard copies. It is not feasible to verify the true identity of the sender, or to ensure that only the recipient can read the message once it has been sent.
* While ATAMIC will attempt to review and respond in a timely fashion to the Client’s electronic communication, the Provider cannot guarantee that all electronic communications will be reviewed and responded to within any specific period of time. The Services will not be used for medical emergencies or other time-sensitive matters.
* If the Client’s electronic communication requires or invites a response from the Provider and the Client has not received a response within a reasonable time period, it is the Client’s responsibility to follow up to determine whether the intended recipient received the electronic communication and when the recipient will respond.
* The Client is responsible for following up on the Provider’s electronic communication and for scheduling appointments where warranted.
* Some Services might not be used for therapeutic purposes or to communicate clinical information. Where applicable, the use of these Services will be limited to education, information and administrative purposes.
* The Client agrees to inform the Provider in writing of any types of information the Client does not want sent via the Services, in addition to those set out above.
* The Provider is not responsible for information loss due to technical failures associated with the Client’s software or internet service provider.
Provider-Client Electronic Communication Agreement
To communicate with the Provider providing the Service, the Client must:
* Reasonably limit or avoid using an employer’s or other third party’s computer. Inform the Provider of any changes in the Client’s email address, mobile phone number or other account information necessary to communicate via the Services.
* If the Services include email, instant messaging and/or text messaging, the following applies: Include in the message’s subject line an appropriate description of the nature of the communication and the Client’s full name in the body of the message. Review all electronic communications to ensure they are clear and that all relevant information is provided before sending to the Provider. Ensure the Provider is aware that you have received an electronic communication from the Provider, such as by a reply message or allowing “read receipts” to be sent. Take precautions to preserve the confidentiality of electronic communications, such as using screen savers and safeguarding computer passwords. Withdraw consent only by email or written communication to the Provider.
* If the Client requires immediate assistance, or if the Client’s condition appears serious or rapidly worsens, the Client should not rely on the Services. Rather, the Client should call the Client’s doctor’s office or take other measures as appropriate, such as going to the nearest Emergency Department. (See ‘Crisis and Emergencies’)
Payment of Services
Online Session fees are set in accordance with the recommended fee range for providers in private practice established by their College. RSWs are authorized as “medical practitioners” and according to the Canada Revenue Agency, fees paid for Services can be claimed as a medical expense deduction when filing income tax returns. ATAMIC is not funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC). The standard cost for a one hour (60 minutes) Online Session is $90.00 (plus HST) and can be used for video counselling and talk (audio only) counselling. The standard cost for unlimited secure text messaging is $110.00 per month (plus HST). All other Session is determined after a consultation.
The Client represents and warrants that (i) the Client has the legal right to use any credit card(s) or other payment method(s) in connection with any Purchase; and that (ii) the information the Client supplies is true, correct and complete.
ATAMIC reserves the right to refuse or cancel the Client’s order at any time including but not limited to product or service availability; errors in the description or price of the product or service; error in the Client’s order; or if fraud or an unauthorized or illegal transaction is suspected. ATAMIC will not be held responsible, or liable for, any failure for the Purchase to be complete, or any resulting loss or damages to the Client.
Payment for services is expected prior to the Client’s Online Session. The Client can pay for Services by debit card or credit card. Each subsequent Session will be automatically debited. An e-mailed receipt will be provided to the Client at the time of the online payment. If applicable, direct billing to insurance companies is available.
In-Person Session may or may not require pre-payment. This will be determined after a consultation. A Client, who needs Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA) or Intensive Behavioural Intervention (IBI) and is considered as a child but does not have Government Funding or has not been applied for Ontario Autism Program or is on a waitlist, is considered as a private client. The caregiver of the Client is fully responsible for paying for the Session. A Client who receives any type of government funding is also responsible for any fees not covered by the funding. Any session fee is non-refundable.
The fee may not be covered under the Client’s employer’s group benefits package and the Client needs to discuss the issue with the Client’s employer or union and is not the responsibility of the Provider. The Client is responsible for any fees not covered by the Client’s insurer.
The content, organization, gathering, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion and other matters related to this site are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary (including but not limited to) intellectual property rights. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by the Client of any such content or any part of this site is strictly prohibited. The Client does not acquire ownership rights to any content or document obtained through this site. The posting of information or materials on this site does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials.
The Client agrees to indemnify and hold ATAMIC harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorney fees, related to the Client's violation of the Terms. ATAMIC providers on the ATAMIC Provider Network are independent professionals and are NOT employees of ATAMIC.
The Client's right to use this site is not transferable. Any password or right given to the Client to obtain access is not transferable.
Changes to Terms of Service
ATAMIC reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is made, ATAMIC will make reasonable efforts to provide at least thirty (30) days' notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at ATAMIC's sole discretion. By continuing to access or use the Service after those revisions become effective, the Client agrees to be bound by the revised Terms. If the Client does not agree to the new Terms, in whole or in part, these Terms of Services (as amended) are immediately terminated and no further Services shall be provided.
Client Acknowledgment and Agreement
By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, the Client acknowledges that he/or she has read and fully understands the Terms of Service and acknowledges to be bound by the provisions herein.
ATAMIC shall be excused from any delay or failure in performance required hereunder if caused by reason of any occurrence or contingency beyond its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, acts of war, fire, insurrection, strikes, lock-outs or other serious labor disputes, riots, earthquakes, floods, explosions or other acts of nature.
Limitation of Liability
The Client acknowledges and agrees that ATAMIC will not be liable for any losses or damages, whether indirect, incidental, special or consequential, in profits, goods or services, irrespective of whether or not the Client has been advised or otherwise might have anticipated the possibility of such loss or damage.
The client acknowledges and agrees that ATAMIC cannot guarantee the results or effectiveness of any of the services rendered or to be rendered. Rather, services shall be executed in a professional manner and in accordance with good industry practice. Best efforts will be used but no results are promised.
(1) THE INFORMATION, FORMS AND AGREEMENTS FROM OR THROUGH THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE" AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DISCLAIMER OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). THE FORMS, AGREEMENTS AND DOCUMENTS MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. ATAMIC HAS NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR THE CLIENT'S USE OF ANY INFORMATION, FORM OR DOCUMENTS. IN PARTICULAR, BUT NOT AS A LIMITATION THEREOF, ATAMIC IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LITIGATION OR THE LIKE), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE NEGATION OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN ATAMIC AND THE CLIENT. THIS SITE AND THE INFORMATION, FORMS, AGREEMENTS AND DOCUMENTS WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS.
(2) All responsibility or liability for any damages caused by viruses contained within the electronic file containing the form or document is disclaimed