top of page

What Autism Funding is Available to Families?

Your child must...

  • be a resident of Ontario;

  • be under the age of 18;

  • have a written diagnosis of autism from a qualified professional

Your child must...

  • be a resident of Ontario;

  • be under the age of 18;

  • have ONGOING FUNCTIONAL LIMITATIONS as a result of a disability

  • require support beyond that which is typically provided by FAMILIES; and

  • be living at home with their family or is living outside the family home and not receiving residential staff support from a government-funded source (e.g. transfer payment agency) or an OUTSIDE PAID RESOURCE (OPR).

In the majority of situations, basic eligibility is established only once – at the time of the first application – with the following exceptions:

  • Where the functional limitations may change over time due to the type of disability, the child’s age, situation, needs and skills.

  • Where an INFANT has been funded before a definitive diagnosis is established.

Your child must...

  • be under 18 years of age (17 and under), lives at home and who has a severe disability.

Your eligibility and the amount of assistance you receive is based on a combination of factors:

  • your household income

  • size of your family

  • severity of your child’s disability

  • extraordinary costs related to your child’s disability

4. Jordan's Principle (Health care services for First Nations and Inuit)

Your child must...

  • permanently reside in Canada

  • be registered or eligible to be registered under the Indian Act

  • have one parent or guardian who is registered or eligible to be registered under the Indian Act

  • be recognized by their nation for the purposes of Jordan's Principle

  • be ordinarily resident on reserve

5. Supporting Inuit children (funding through the Inuit Child First Initiative)

All Inuit children in Canada who are...

  • recognized by an Inuit land claim organization AND

  • under the age of majority in their province/territory of residence

Is There Any Other Support for Autism Families in Ontario, Canada?

The fund covers Medical Treatment, Hospital Treatment Costs, Therapies, Household Costs, Respite Care.

Program Manager: Michelle Plummer

Disability Tax Credit (DTC) - Tax credits and deductions for persons with disabilities

A medical practitioner has to certify that the person has a severe and prolonged impairment.

Find out if you or your child is eligible by answering self-assessment questionnaire

Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP) - Savings and pension plans

If you have a Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP), you can apply for a Canada Disability Savings Grant or Bond (CDSG or CDSB)

Understand how money in an RDSP can grow over time: RDSP Savings Calculator (Click)

Canada Disability Savings Grants (CDSG) & Canada Disability Savings Bond (CDSB)

You can receive up to $1,000 per year with a maximum contribution of $20,000. The amount you receive is dependent on your family’s income.

To qualify for CDSG and CDSB, you must be...

  • 49 years old or under (if you are 49, you must apply before the end of the year)

  • a Canadian resident

  • have a social insurance number; and

  • eligible for the Disability Tax Credit

One to One Summer Support Worker Reimbursement Fund

Applications now closed.

A minimum of 500 applicants will be randomly selected and all applicants will be informed by email whether they were selected or not selected to receive the funds.

Date modified:2022-02-26


bottom of page